“Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’an that you might understand.” [Al-Quran 12:2]
Quranic Arabic Program
“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”
Our program has been designed to provide our students a holistic approach to their lives.
The classes are divided in these 4 age groups:
- The Quran is the miracle of Allah and a gift to mankind.
- To read the Quran is to communicate with Him, it is an encounter with the ‘Lord’ of the worlds.
- The Quran was revealed over 1400 years ago in classical Arabic.
- Allah (swt) said, the Quran is: in a plain Arabic language [As-Shura, verse 195].
- The word “Arabic” has been mentioned several times in the Quran (with reference to it being the most eloquent, clear and easy language).
- Remember – Everything related to Quran is the best;
* Who sent it down? , The most high, Allah
* Who brought it down?, The best among angels, Gabriel
* Who was it sent down to ? the best of the prophets, Muhammad (saw)
* Where was Quran sent down?, the best places in the world (Makkah and Madinah)
* When was it sent down?. The best Month (Ramadan)
* What language was it sent down through? The best language (Arabic)
Despite appreciating all this, Quran is the least understood book.
Allah (swt) says in Surah Yusuf, verse 2, “We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’an, in order that you may learn wisdom.”
Yet, Quran’s Arabic is least understood and as such causes a barrier to feel the miracle of Quran. Not only was it the language of the prophet and his community, classical Arabic was and continues to be a language of great eloquence and simplicity, making it easy for the faithful to understand and ponder.
Remember: Without learning the language of Quran, the miracle of Quran will not touch your heart.
In Surah Al-Hijr verse, 87, Allah (swt) says, “We have given you the Seven Verses that are worthy of recitation over and over again and the Glorious Qur’an.” We read these seven verses in every rakat during our daily prayers, yet not many of us understand their meaning or feel touched by it.
“Mufassirun” have tried to translate the Quranic verses; they’ve done an excellent job, but the translation stays as a translation. It only conveys meaning. It can never convey the power of the original language. In addition, it’s beyond human capacity to comprehend and to reiterate it in any other language.
Allah (swt) has challenged humanity to produce even a single verse. In Surah At-Tur, verse 34, He says, “Let them produce a scripture like this, if what they say is true“.
The majesty of the Quran is so overpowering that no human being can fully comprehend it. As Allah (swt) says, “If we had sent down this Qur’an on a mountain, you would have seen it humble itself and split asunder from the fear of Allah. We are citing this example for mankind, so that they may think about it“. [Al-Hashr: 21].
When we don’t understand the language we don’t understand the true grandeur and majesty of this revelation.
“[This is] a Book [the Qur’ân] which We have sent down to you, full of blessings, that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understanding may remember.” [Surah Saad, verse, 29]
We need to make a commitment to learn the language of the Quran. Lets go beyond the ritual of reading the noble Quran in its own sweet language and understand it directly. Let the words touch your heart.
“Those to whom We have given the Book recite it with its true recital. They [are the ones who] believe in it. And whoever disbelieves in it it is they who are the losers.” [Al-Baqarah, verse, 121].
Quranic Arabic Registration
“There is no wealth like knowledge, and no poverty like ignorance.”